Also: We had a FOAM function. Just.. imagine. Two sororities, one fraternity, and foam coming from the ceiling. That's all the description you need.
Now Friday, I knew it was going to be an interesting day when I woke up to a few "sorry for partying texts." (Really.. that's all they said.) It was an interesting day.. I was completely delirious with only 10ish hours of sleep in two days. So anyway, after a 3 hour nap that afternoon I was thoroughly confused about what day it was, and was left to decide what I would do with the rest of the night. So many options, but I decided to go to the last home gymnastics meet. (I'm obsessed and it's terrible because I don't even know a gymnast.) Anyway, it was about 6:45 and Catherine and I decided yes to the gymnastics meet, so we debated walking or driving. We decided to walk. When we got to the lobby a few girls were like "Ah, it's pouring outside, ahhh!" It wasn't.. I mean really, like.. no rain. So we're like.. HA! Typical sorority girls.. anyway, we're walking on this sidewalk that basically has nothing around it but trees, and it's lightening a whole lot. I think I said something about how awesome thunder is. (I missed it, it seems like I haven't heard it in Arkansas except for the past two weeks..) This is where the "really, Arkansas?" comes in. Let me tell you about this weather: it keeps you on your toes. As in: blizzard to 60 degrees, to rain and tornado warnings, to earthquakes, to 65 degrees to MONSOON. We're walking, and all of a sudden there is the scariest flash of lightening I have ever witnessed, so of course I just go "Wow.. ahaha." But I hear this loud shriek, as in like.. someone is grabbing you and dragging you to the pits of doom or something equally as terrifying.. and I look over at Catherine like "what the heck is the matter with you? It was scary, but not THAT scary, dang embarrassing!" That's when this random girl comes out of NOWHERE behind us and is like "Sorry, that seriously just scared the s*** out of me!" and kept walking past us. I could not figure out what she was talking about because I was too busy thinking of all the ways I could be struck by lightening and where the world she came from. Anyway, all of a sudden it starts pouring.. I'm talking more than cats and dogs.. I'm talking like.. elephants and giant squids or something like that! Luckily we're in the pit so I'm all like "Haha.. It's okay, we'll just drive my car!!!!" Too bad I have no idea where I parked, so we wander around for a good 5 minutes in a parking lot that is half empty. I hate that because I'm always the person who is like "How do you not remember where you parked, ugh!" Nice, Jill. Anyway, we finally find it and get in the car soaking wet. That's when I find out that random girl is the one who screamed for her life and that gets me a good 5 minutes of painful laughter.
Then we went to the gymnastics meet, had an awkward run-in with one of the mascots, and tried to air dry kind of only not at all. But those gymbacks won, so worth it.
That's really all I got.
Here's some inspiration from us to you:
peace, love, and chacos for rainboots.

No comments:
Post a Comment