Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A MOMENT IN THE LIFE.. OF AMY SANDERS & MATT BREWER..

amy sanders:


I met Amy Sanders the summer of 2009. We were both a part of the Leadership Development Program at New Life Ranch. We quickly began exchanging sarcastic, smartask comments. A year later, while both working at NLR this summer, we were forced to be in the same small group. This was a good thing, though. Several weeks later, having established that we were both pretty cool, we requested to be co-counselors. (Week 7- International Week, anyone? Hello, Chickorian Conquistadors 4 Christ.) We united while fighting to defeat the Somalian Pirates, and now have an unbreakable bond. (AKA- 11 schmen campers.)
Amy really is one of the coolest persons I've ever met and has had such an awesome impact on my life.

Norman, OK- Tuesday, September 7th:
"I get out of botany and get on my bike to ride to the Union. Life is good, I'm happy, listening to my iPod. As I approach a turn in the sidewalk, I start to turn my handlebars, naturally. They don't turn, naturally. See bushes ahead. Prepare for impact. 3.. 2.. 1. BAM! I fly into the hands of the evil, sharp bush. What can I do but laugh along with the passerby?"
__________________________________



matt brewer:
Matt Brewer and I also worked at New Life Ranch this summer. Right away, I knew we'd be fast friends because of the vast amount of things we had in common: we both had to teach Racquet Smack-It, it was the first time to work at NLR for both of us, and both of us could do a pretty dang good Australian accent! (Those are  just few among MANY other things.)
But really, Matt is awesome. I'm super excited to see him again- whether that'll be in the USA or Aussie-land. (Where I can use my accent, duh!)





Australia- Sunday, August 29th: 
        (for the full "Brewdaddy" effect, read with your greatest australian accent..) 
"On the 29th was my 21st party, you know this story is good cause it starts with a 21st party! So anyway it was just before everyone was supposed to get there and my brothers and some friends and I were throwing a frisbee and there was a soccer ball we were using, sitting on the side of the field, so I went to kick it back to where all our stuff was. Now, there was only one obstacle and that was a tap that a man was kneeling down filling his drink bottle at.
So, I kicked the ball up towards our stuff and it went straight at this guy, rolled right up to him, went through his legs and knocked his nearly filled drink bottle out of his hands, all over the ground! Whoops! 
...That's about it, other than last Friday I went crazy at youth group running around and dancing in my blue rootsuit, Ranch style."
__________________________________


told you.. MyFriendsLifeIsAWESOME!




No comments:

Post a Comment